Mick Jagger said he is “feeling much better” and ready to get the Stones rolling again after coming down with COVID-19 earlier in the week.
The 78-year-old rock legend announced that he had tested positive for the virus after exhibiting symptoms just hours before the Rolling Stones was set to perform a concert in Amsterdam on Monday.
The band’s Netherlands gig as well as its Bern, Switzerland show were canceled as a result of Jagger’s prognosis.
The Stones front man, however, said in a statement Wednesday, that he will be ready to resume the band’s European tour next week.
“I’m feeling much better and can’t wait to get back on stage next week!” Jagger said in a post to Instagram.
The Amsterdam show has been rescheduled to July 7 and a new date will be announced for the Bern show ASAP, the singer added.
Jagger also thanked everyone for their well wishes and messages since he announced he contracted COVID.
Fans had flooded Twitter, sending well wishes to Jagger, with several expressing concern over the rock legend’s diagnosis given his age and a reported heart condition.
Back in April 2019, The Rolling Stones were forced to cancel a slew of shows after Jagger announced he was suffering from undisclosed health problems.
It was later revealed that the superstar had been rushed to New York’s Presbyterian Hospital where he underwent heart valve replacement surgery.
He successfully recovered from the major operation and returned to the stage just three months later.